Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 70

Thread: Best Actor..

  1. #51
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Actor..

    Saving Private Ryans gotta be in there too.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #52
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Actor..

    Only one bomb for Hanks in all the movies that he has been in (Ladykillers). He is a heckuva actor.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  3. #53
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Actor..

    I loved that movie, I thought "The Ladykillers" was pretty funny...I know it didnt do too well but it was good

  4. #54
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Actor..

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saving Private Ryans gotta be in there too. </div></div>

    I've actually never seen it...

  5. #55
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Actor..

    Good call on Lewis. Phillip Seymour Hoffman seems to be more of a good supporting actor, I don't think of him as a lead IMO.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  6. #56
    Inactive Member larry_legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2004
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Actor..

    Hanks and Denzel are great actors, and can play many different parts, especially Denzel, going from Coach Boone to a gangsta cop.

  7. #57
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Actor..

    Didnt Hoffman get best actor for Capote? He can lead.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #58
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Actor..

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: larry_legend</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hanks and Denzel are great actors, and can play many different parts, especially Denzel, going from Coach Boone to a gangsta cop. </div></div>

    Thanks for the laugh. Denzel Washington is one of the most one-dimensional actors to ever disgrace the silver screen.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  9. #59
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Actor..

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: larry_legend</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hanks and Denzel are great actors, and can play many different parts, especially Denzel, going from Coach Boone to a gangsta cop. </div></div>

    Thanks for the laugh. Denzel Washington is one of the most one-dimensional actors to ever disgrace the silver screen. </div></div>


    Are you kidding me? Denzel is one of the best actors Ive seen...go watch John Q

  10. #60
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Actor..

    Jamie Foxx won one too, as did Adrien Brody and Forrest Whitaker.


    I guess I just think your best actors are people who can lead, and be diverse. That's not to say that PS Hoffman isn't good, just don't think of him when I think of great. I mean Bill Murray got a nomination, and while I like him, I don't know too many people who consider him a great actor [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    (Don't get me started on Jude 'Bomb' Law)
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •